Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pre-Detox Diet

So, before I started the detox, I looked into whether I needed to do anything before I started. A lot of blogs and such strongly suggested doing an elimination diet before the cleanse. I had my "last meal" on Monday night, a sub from Dominos (yeah, yeah). After that, I stopped eating meat. Then I cut out dairy and bread and soda. On Friday, after cutting out caffeine and bread the day before, I had a bad headache. The headache continued Saturday, but was gone by Sunday morning....until I started the detox.

The hardest thing for me doing the pre-detox diet elimination was finding stuff I could actually eat. I'm not a huge vegetable person, so to suddenly be limited to only raw vegetables, I was at a loss for what to eat other than salad. Friday night, my fiance took pity on me and suggested we go for sushi where I could get vegetarian sushi and thus have a meal already made for me. I probably shouldn't have had the rice, but at that point, I didn't care enough. I knew I would be only eating veggies and fruit on Saturday, the day before the cleanse, and I knew I had cut out a lot of stuff already.

Saturday, my last meal was a salad, though I did "splurge" on some sorbet for dessert, since it was made of just fruit and frozen water.

It's really important to keep up with the water intake during this time because by cutting out all of the foods you normally eat, you're already starting the detox in a way, through withdrawal. And though it was really tempting, I didn't take any medication for the headache because I knew it would just make the detox worse later.

I was very happy when Saturday ended, since I knew I would be able to just drink smoothies the rest of the time, with snacks of fruits and veggies, so I wasn't stressing over what to eat. The smoothies were described as very filling by a a lot of blogs, so I figured I would be better off, meal wise, on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment