Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mirena Detox, Day 2

I started today much like the day before, with the daybreak smoothie. I drank it slightly faster than the day before, and immediately started getting a dull headache. It was nowhere near as bad as the day before though, but I still took it easy that morning. I enjoyed a quiet day at home, watching tv and doing limited chores around the house.

I had some carrots with strawberry vinaigrette dressing, as well as a banana and some grapes throughout the morning. Around 1, I was finally ready for smoothie number 2. I made the "joyful" one again, and it was even worst tasting than yesterday. I tried it with some lemonade this time, which was apparently a really bad idea, despite seeing the suggestion on Kaeng Raeng's website. I didn't quite finish that one, but I got most of it down. I ate small amounts of fruits and veggies the rest of the day, and wasn't really hungry enough for another smoothie, so I didn't make a third one. I mostly just worked on finishing what was left from lunch.

The dull headache lasted most of the day. I was a little apprehensive because I had to drive to get my daughter from her father, but my fiance came up and drove me down. I'm glad he did because I didn't feel 100% comfortable with driving while feeling weak and in pain. Today was definitely a better day then the day before and I felt like I was starting to come through the detox. I still felt weak, though I imagine that was also partially due to a lack of food. I did notice that I was sleeping better and felt less tired in the morning, which is a big deal to an insomniac like me!

By the end of the day I was definitely craving normal food again. I wasn't craving vegetables like some of the blog writers I had read to prepare for this, but I am not a huge vegetable person to begin with, so this did not surprise me. I was happy to know that I only had one more day and I had even decided to modify the day a bit to get through it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment