Monday, October 16, 2023

So long, and thanks for all the fish-y plotlines!

 Dear WCTH writers, the first rule of writing is show, don't tell. You can tell us over and over again how "honorable" Elizabeth is, but actions speak louder than words and you aren't showing her acting very honorably.

But it seems the show is completely ignoring canon and trying to reverse the direction they chose in season 8. Congrats on jumping the shark! And Brian Bird thinks it's going to last as long as the Simpsons? 😂😂😂 I don't even watch the Simpsons and I know that's highly unlikely. Unless their goal is to emulate daytime soap operas in their entirety. Interesting choice for an allegedly "wholesome" and "Christian" show.

As an aside, I know I'm 100% in the minority here, but the hint that Abigail might return was the final nail in the coffin for me. Someone tweeted asking if people would stick with the show if she returned and I'm giving an emphatic hell no. I personally have no desire to see Lori Loughlin return to the show. For a while, I thought Minnie might be the new "matriarch" of the town, but I've read that this season her screen time was limited to a BBQ? Great choice... I wasn't sad to see Abigail go based on the way Lori behaved after the season 5 finale and due to how long it took her to acknowledge her crime. I'm not sure she learned any lesson from what she did. 

Besides, the town has moved on without her, so I don't see what good it would do to regress. Though, I suppose, that was the entire goal of season 10, wasn't it? To regress the show back to season 8 so they could revisit the triangle? There were so many creative ways they could have caused a break-up without obliterating the story they'd already told. Would fans have still been upset? Possibly, but as I said before, if they weren't straight up lying about what happened, fans might have at least respected their honesty even if they disagreed with the decision.

Anyway, I've already spent way too much time on this stupidity. So long WCTH and thanks for all the fish-y plotlines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment